Borrow a Laptop, Chromebook or HotSpot
Option 1: Visit the Library to check one out in person
Option 2: Place a hold online (see below) and pick up the device either in person or in a locker
All laptop/Chromebook checkouts require you to read and digitally sign our Laptop Loan Agreement.
Place a Hold on a Laptop, Chromebook or HotSpot
- Choose a laptop/chromebook or a hotspot from our catalog.
- Click on Sign in, then log in with your StarID and password.
- Click on Place Hold.
- Complete the request form with the Pickup Location.
- DCTC Library: in person at the Library service desk during Library hours
- Locker pickup: in a locked locker during business hours
- When you're ready, click on Send Request. You should see a green box saying Your request was successfully placed.
- You'll receive an e-mail when a device is ready for you to check out. If you don't check it out by the held for you until date, the device will be given to the next person in line.
- To see where you are in line, log into your OneSearch account. Then click on the triangle next to your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select My Requests. You can also cancel your request here if you don't need a device anymore.
About the Library laptops
The Library has Lenovo ThinkPads, HP Elitebooks, and Chromebooks which DCTC students may check out for one semester. Each laptop comes with Microsoft Office, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer, all running on Windows 10. These laptops require a Wi-Fi connection and StarID login. Chromebooks do not require StarID login.